A Neighbourhood Plan’s policies must not only reflect the views of local residents and businesses but must be supported by firm evidence. This will be drawn from responses to questionnaires, independent surveys, census returns and other Government and local authority documents. This section contains the key sources of supporting evidence:
- 2017 Resident’s Survey and Analysis of Results. Drafted and analysed by the then MACK Plan Committee.
- 2017 Resident’s Survey Analysis. Analysed by the then MACK Plan Committee.
- 2019 Housing Needs Analysis Report. Conducted independently by AECOM. It should be noted that the HNA only uses existing background data to produce statistical analysis based, in the main, on modelling techniques. As any forecasts derived do not necessarily take into account dependencies such as local infrastructure and services capacity, which the JLP figures do, they should merely be used as indicative of the direction of travel and to qualify the need.
- 2020 Housing Needs Survey Report. Conducted independently by Devon Communities Together. As with the HNA, it is important to recognise that the HNS is part of a suite of evidence from which housing needs policy has been drawn and none should be taken as pre-eminent in isolation.
- 25 Jan 2020 Milton Abbot, Chillaton and Kelly MACKPlan Drop in Events Summary. This document contains a summary of the evidence gathered at these 3 public engagement events.
- Nov 2020 AECOM MACK Plan Site Assessment Report – This independent report assessed each of the 10 sites against identical criteria in order to identify the suitability of each for development.
- Jan 2021 AECOM MACK Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment Scoping Report